What happened to the global electric scooter this week? At 3 pm, May 17, 2019, German time, after a heated debate on road safety and the impact on traffic, the German House of Lords (Bundesrat) passed a proposal made by the Minister of Transport, Andreas Schell, approved the electric scooter to drive on the road. […]
What happened to the global electric scooter this week?
At 3 pm, May 17, 2019, German time, after a heated debate on road safety and the impact on traffic, the German House of Lords (Bundesrat) passed a proposal made by the Minister of Transport, Andreas Schell, approved the electric scooter to drive on the road.
The new compact electric vehicle regulations (eKFV) now also allow small electric vehicles and balancers without seats to be on the road. This means including an electric scooter or an electric skateboard.
A small electric vehicle within the meaning of the amendment refers to a vehicle with electric propulsion and a maximum speed of not less than 6km/h and no more than 20km/h. It has the following characteristics:
1. Vehicles without seats, or self-balancing vehicles (with or without seats);
2. The steering wheel or retaining rod of a seated vehicle is at least 500 mm long, and the steering rod or retaining rod of a seatless vehicle is at least 700 mm long;
3. The nominal continuous output power does not exceed 500 watts. If at least 60% of the power is used for self-balancing, the continuous output power does not exceed 1400 watts;
4. The total width does not exceed 700 mm, the total height does not exceed 1400 mm, and the total length does not exceed 2000 mm;
5. The maximum vehicle net mass does not exceed 55kg.
1. Electric scooters are allowed to drive on motorway and bicycle lanes. Generally, they are not allowed to travel on the sidewalk. Only in special cases, electric scooters are allowed on the sidewalk and there are obvious signs.
2. The speed of the electric scooter user should not exceed 20 kilometers per hour. The speed of the car less than 12km/h is allowed to travel on the sidewalk and bicycle lane. The user’s age is 12 years old. The speed of the car exceeding 12km/h must be Bicycle lane, and the user must be 14 years old.
3. Electric scooters, electric skateboard products should have brake function, the body is equipped with lighting.
In the amendments, there is no mandatory requirement to wear a helmet during the ride.
Each vehicle must carry a factory license, indicating the maximum speed of the vehicle and the license number for the general operating permit. The factory sector also needs to display the words “Elektrokleinstfahrzeug”.
In addition, each SEV must be covered by civil liability insurance and must have an insurance board as evidence of such coverage.
We are looking for good distributors in Germany. Welcome to talk to us.